Published by Deborah Negron M.A., B.S.
August 17, 2019
In Therapy there are techniques used to help individuals going through anxiety and /or going through a panic attack. These techniques use breathing and focusing on specific things to bring a person to a sense of calm.
Some use imagery. They may have a person focus on a quite brook or a scene at the person identifies with as be on ng a place of peace and tranquility. A person may be asked to breathe deeply and to focus on that image.
In Electrical terms there is a term called grounding system. The term relates to a principle of electricity that in its simplest explanation means to create a ‘Back up’system, that is, an ‘alternate route’ for the electrical current to travel in order to return to the original point should the wiring be faulty or damaged.
In therapy there is a technique we use when a person is experiencing anxiety or fear that comes from a past trauma or a sense of overwhelming stress. The technique is called Grounding. Just like the ground in the principle of electricity provides an alternate route for the current to return to its point of origin, So is grounding for a person who is going through anxious feelings and despair.It helps the person come back to a normal state. It helps the person to focus on the here and now and to regain their calm mental state and recover from experiencing a time of intense anxiety.
It is in essence, a safe way to return back to normalcy of mental state.
Here and Now, I want to offer you some help that can be used when one is alone and in that state of anxiety.
Sit Calmly…Breathe Deeply…Inhale through the nose, hold it, Exhale through the mouth slowly.
Then think on these thoughts….
Speak Life – speaking life to myself
1. Negative thoughts, doubts and fears are common to everyone. Knowing this helps me to know I am Not Alone.
2. In ChristI am a New Creation, My Past has no Hold on Me
I am in His Capable hands. I acknowledge that I am in His hands and I am Safe. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1-2. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Psalms 46:1-2 He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord , He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psalms 91:1-2 KJV.3. God Loves MeHe knows my flaws and still loves me. He understands my fears and is present for me.
God’s Word Reminds Me of How Well God Knows me and Still Loves Me
It Reminds me that God saw me when I was being formed in my Mother’s womb. He knows my DNA. He knows my ups and my downs. He is aware of my weaknesses and my fears.Yet he has wonderful thoughts for 139:13-17
Rooted in Him, Grounded in Christ I am Strong even in my Weakest Moment.
4. He is Creator of All Things. I can depend on Him. He is my Defense, My Sheoherd, My Savior, I am Safe In Him.So no Enemy can Be Stronger than the God that lives in me.The Lord says in His Word.”Look, I myself created the metalworker who blows the fire of coal and who produces a tool for his work. And I myself created the looter to destroy. No weapon fashioned against you will succeed, and you may condemn every tongue that disputes with you. This is the heritage of the LORD ’s servants, whose righteousness comes from me, says the LORD Isaiah 54:16-17I will read God’s Word and be Reminded of His Goodness.I will dress myself in His Armour, the Covering of Knowing whom I have Believed in. Ephesians 6I Will Listen to Uplifting Music that will enable me to see God is on My Side.
Click Next to each number of these 3 links below and be blessed with some uplifting songs…
1. No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper. This song will reminds me of Who I am To God…
2. I am His Child, His Beloved and He Loves Me. No Matter what I May Hsve Been Through He is the Potter, I am The Clay…
3. He Can Remake Me I’m Beautifully Broken with a Purpose Even when I Ma Bruised and Hurt, The Lord Can Restore Me.
Leave a Reply